The Department of Economics is one of the oldest departments of St.Thomas College Ranni which was established in 1968. Prof.Fr. A.P. Joseph, former Principal of the college, served as the first Head of the Department. Powered from within by vibrant faculty, the department of Economics works towards providing academic excellence to its students. The Department offers Undergraduate Course in Economics and also offers various certificate courses on various relevant subjects each year. A subsidiary course for B A History students is offered in first and second semester. The present faculty consists of 3 members Dr. Benny George Asst.Prof and HoD, Dr. Sajani. S Asst.Prof and Ms. Renjini Reji Asst.Professor.
The Economics Association - ECO FIESTA regularly conducts workshops, seminars, quiz programmes, poster designing competition and annual budget discussions.
The Department aims to mould students into well cultured and educated citizens who serve the society and country enriched with values.This is imparted by :
- Providing Academic and Co-academic excellence.
- Practical expertise in Economics.
- Overall Personality development.
- Spiritual and value formation.
- Social commitment.
- To offer course in Economics so that the students have a strong foundation in the subject and better understanding of policy matters and current affairs.
- To enable students to apply knowledge of Economics in everyday life.
- To encourage women to have a pioneer role in decision making and to mold them to become empowered economists.
- To equip students to conduct empirical studies to solve basic economics issues in the society and help in policy making.
- To enable the students to acquire knowledge and understanding of economic concepts and theories to apply it into their daily life.
- Department aims to provide the students the capability to think and act rationally towards social and economic issues and to frame and formulate policies which will be suitable from time to time
- Preparing the students to undertake research oriented works addressing regional, national and international aspects
UG Course: BA Economics
Number of Seats : 60
Three years ( 6 Semesters)
Eligibility for Admission:
Candidates shall be required to have passed Plus Two or equivalent examination or an examination recognized by this University as equivalent thereto.
History and Political Science
Open Courses Offered:
Fundamentals of Economics
|Year||VIEW / DOWNLOAD|
|2021 - 2022||VIEW / DOWNLOAD|
|2020 - 2021||VIEW/ DOWNLOAD|
|2017 - 2018||VIEW/ DOWNLOAD|
|2023||Farhana Fathima Ayoob bagged 7th rank in M. G. University B. A. Economics Model 1 Examination|