The Department of Economics of St.Thomas College Ranni was established in 1968. Prof.Fr. A.P. Joseph, former Principal of the college, served as the first Head of the Department. Powered from within by vibrant faculty, the department of Economics works towards providing academic excellence to its students. The present faculty consists of 3 members Sri. Benny George Asst.Prof and HoD, Dr. Sajani. S Asst.Prof and Ms. Renjini Reji Asst.Professor
The Department aims to mould students into well cultured and educated citizens who serve the society and country enriched with values.
- Providing Academic and Non-academic excellence
- Practical expertise in Economics
- Overall Personality development.
- Spiritual and value formation.
- Social commitment
To shape and formulate well balanced personality possessing high social commitment and patriotic values.
- To enable the students to acquire knowledge and understanding of economic concepts and theories to apply it in to their daily life.
- Department aims to provide the students the capability to think and act rationally towards social and economic issues and to frame and formulate policies which will be suitable from time to time
- Preparing the students to undertake research oriented works addressing regional, national and international aspects
UG Course: BA Economics
Number of Seats : 60
Three years ( 6 Semesters)
Eligibility for Admission:
Candidates shall be required to have passed Plus Two or equivalent examination or an examination recognized by this University as equivalent thereto.
History and Political Science
Open Courses Offered:
Fundamentals of Economics
Spacious class rooms, Rest Room for girls students
|Year||VIEW / DOWNLOAD|
|2021 - 2022||VIEW / DOWNLOAD|
|2020 - 2021||VIEW/ DOWNLOAD|
|2017 - 2018||VIEW/ DOWNLOAD|
|1964||Predegree Course in Science affiliated to Kerala University.|
|1968||The Kerala University ffiliated Bachelor of Science in Chemistry programme was launched. Late. Prof.K K Unnikrishnan Nair (First Head of the Department).|
|1983||Affiliation shifted to MG university|
|2001||MSc Chemistry programme, affiliated to M G University was introduced.|
|2014||Golden Jubilee Year of the Chemistry Department|