A research development committee was formed to initiate research among faculty, build a scientific temper among students and to keep themselves abreast of new knowledge, promote in them the awareness of current research findings, teach them to critique and appraise research, and encourage them to utilize research in evidence based study.
- Research Development Cell
- Dr. Aleyamma Kuruvilla (Principal and Chairperson)
- Capt. John M George
- Dr. R. Aruna Devy Coordinator)
- Dr. Suresh M.K (Coordinator)
- Dr. Devipriya M
- Dr. Ansu Jacob
- Dr. Susha S.P
- Dr. Marykutty James
- Dr. Mathew Kuruvilla
2. RESEARCH GUIDES
- 1. Dr.Aleyamma Kuruvilla – Dept. of Zoology, M.G.University, Kottayam
- 2. Dr. Francis Mathew – Dept. of Botany, M.G University, Kottayam
- 3. Dr. Suresh M.K – Dept. of Physics, M.G University, Kottayam
- 4. Dr. R. Aruna Dev y – Dept. of Zoology, M.G University, Kottayam
- 5. Dr. Mathew Kuruvilla – Dept. of Chemistry, M.G University, Kottayam
- 6. Dr. Roni Jain Raju - Dept. of Commerce, M.G University, Kottayam
- 1. 2020 -21- DST/WOS-B/AFE-12/2021 (G)
Dr. Asha Saji – Botany - Rs: 31,26,591 3years - Dept of Science & Technology, Government
Faculty Publications in Journals
DEPARTMENT OF ENGLISH
1. JACOB, SNEHA ELCY, and Asha Susan Jacob. “Travel Narratives as Counter-Discourse: An Analysis .” International Journal of English Language, Literature in Humanities, vol. 6, no. 11, Nov. 2018, pp. 02–11., https://ijellh.com/OJS/index.php/OJS/article/view/5523/4676. ISSN: 2321-7065
2. JACOB, SNEHA ELCY, and Asha Susan Jacob. “ ‘Global Soul’: A Study Based on Bharati Mukherjee’s Leave It to Me.” The Criterion: An International Journal in English, vol. 8, no. 5, Oct. 2017, pp. 99–104., http://www.the-criterion.com/V8/n5/IN12.pdf. ISSN: 0976-8165.
3. JACOB, SNEHA ELCY, and Asha Susan Jacob. “A HISTORICAL AND ANALYTICAL SURVEY OF EUROPEAN TRAVEL WRITING WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO BRITISH TRAVEL LITERATURE.” International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research Review, vol. 1, no. 1, Jan. 2016, pp. 143–149., http://www.ijmdrr.com/admin/downloads/0502201625.pdf. E- ISSN –2395-1885 ISSN -2395-1877
4. JACOB, SNEHA ELCY, and Asha Susan Jacob. “Shifts in Subject Position: An Analysis of V. S. Naipaul’s Travel Narrative An Area of Darkness.” European Academic Research, vol. 3, no. 6, Sept. 2015, pp. 6543–6553., http://euacademic.org/UploadArticle/1954.pdf. ISSN: 2286-4822
5. JACOB, SNEHA ELCY, and Asha Susan Jacob. “Views on the East: A Study Based on Pico Iyer’s Travel Narrative Video Night in Kathmandu and Other Reports from the Not-So-Far East .” Roots: International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research , vol. 2, no. 2, Feb. 2016, pp. 27–30. ISSN: 2349-8684
6. JACOB, SNEHA ELCY. “ Travel and Travel Writing: Some Facts.” Science and Society, vol. 18, no. 2, Dec. 2020, pp. 149–152. ISSN 0973-0206
7. JACOB, SNEHA ELCY. “ Voicing the Unheard:A Study of Saadat Hasan Manto’s ‘Toba Tek Singh’ and Jhumpa Lahiri’s ‘A Real Durwan.’” Reyono: Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies, vol. 7, no. 1&2, Jan. 2018, pp. 17–24. ISSN 2277-7652
8. JACOB, SNEHA ELCY. “Natural Disasters and Sustainable Development.” Reyono: Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies, vol. 8, no. 2, July 2019, pp. 36–45. ISSN 2277-7652
9. JACOB, SNEHA ELCY, and Asha Susan Jacob. “Pstcolonial Travel Writing: Some Critical Perspectives.” Shodha Prabha, vol. 47, Issue-1, No. 1, 2022, pp. 80–84. ISSN: 0974-8946 (UGC Care Listed, Group 1, Peer Reviewed and Refereed Journal)
DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY
Devi Priya M.
1. Devi Priya M., Akhila Gangadharan, Alin R. and Amrutha Mohan. Survey on Ethnomedicinal Plants used for cuts, wounds and inflammation by Malapandaram Tribal community of Adichippuzha, Pathanamthitta, Kerala. International Journal of Innovative and Applied Research, 2018 : 6(6): 1-7
2. Devi Priya M, Vinod Kumar TG and Francis Mathew Phytochemical screening of Hemigraphis colorata (Blume) H.G. Hallier. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry; 10(6): 360-363.
3. Devi Priya M and EA Siril In vitro intensification of anthraquinones in callus cultures of Rubia cordifolia by precursor feeding. International Journal of Novel Research and Development, 2022, 7(6): 369-375.
4. Devi Priya M and EA Siril Effect of mordants and mordanting methods on the dyeing property ofAnthraquinone-based dye from Rubia cordifolia. Discovery, 2022, 58 (319): 742-749.
5. Devi Priya M. A critical review on the drug molecule: Anthraquinone. International Research Journal of Plant Science, 2022 13 (5): 1-4.
6. Devi Priya M and EA Siril Micropropagation of pharmaceutical crop Rubia cordifolia. Journal of Advanced Scientific Research, 2022 ,13 (11): 85-90.
7. Devi Priya M and EA Siril Efficacy of elicitors on anthraquinones production using adventitious root cultures of Rubia cordifolia L Science Technology andDevelopment, 2023, 12(3): 131-140 UGC Care Group II Journal.
8. Devi Priya M Effect of cell phones on growth and metabolism of Vigna unguiculata L Walp. Dogo Rangsang Research Journal, 2023 13(2): 34-37 UGCCare Group I Journal
9. Devi Priya M Covid-19 pandemic and its socioeconomic consequences in Indian Scenario, Mukt Shabd Journal, 2023 12(2): 442-445 UGC CareGroup I Journal
10. Devi Priya M and EA Siril Comparative studies on the improvement of Anthraquinones using various precursors in different in vitro systems of Rubia cordifolia. Industrial Engineering Journal, 52( 3): 28-33 UGC Care Group I Journal
11. Devi Priya Adventitious Root Culture: An Alternative Method of Secondary Metabolite Production, Dogo Rangsang Research Journal, 13 (4): 138-141 UGC Care Group I.
Dr. Francis Mathew
1. Christy K. Jose, Francis Mathew &N. A. Aleykutty Investigation of Phytochemicals,Total Phenols and Total Flavonoids Content of Two Anti-Arthritic Plants. International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology, 2018, 3(9): 238-240.
2. Christy K. Jose, Francis Mathew& N. A. Aleykutty Evaluation of In-Vitro Antioxidant Activity of Two Anti-Arthritic Plants by DPPH° Method. International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology, 2018, 3(9): 249-253.
3. Devi Priya M, Vinod Kumar TG and Francis Mathew Phytochemical screening of Hemigraphis colorata (Blume) H.G. Hallier Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 2021, 10(6): 360-363.
Dr. Vinod Kumar TG
1. Devi Priya M, Vinod Kumar TG and Francis Mathew Phytochemical screening of Hemigraphis colorata (Blume) H.G. Hallier, Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 2021, 10(6): 360-363.
DEPARTMENT OF ZOOLOGY
Dr. Aleyamma Kuruvilla
1. Light and scanning electron microscopic study of nuclear, cortical and subcapsular cataract lenses IJIRMPS, September-october, 2015, ISSN: 2349-7300 volume 3, Issue 4 Impact Factor-6.11
2. Back Ground Causes of Human Cataract Prevalence in the Non-Coastal Districts. Int. J. Ophthalmic Res., 2016, September,ISSN.2409-5680. 2(3): 1-5. Impact factor : 1.412
3. Comparative study of Histomorphology of senile and congenital cataractous lenses. Acme International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research. March , 2018, e ISSN- 2320- 236X volume 6, Issue 3.
4. Histomorphological approach of hypertensive and diabetic cataractous lenses Dr. AleyammaKuruvilla* and Dr. Issac Thomas. IOSR Journal of Pharmacy. Volume 8, Issue 6, Version. II (June 2018), PP. 45-52. Impact factor- 3.83.
5. Background causes of human cataract in the three Coastal districts of Kerala. Dr. Aleyamma kuruvilla* and Issac thomas. International Journal Of Current Advanced Research(IJCAR). ISSN: O: 2319-6475, ISSN: P: 2319- 6505, Impact Factor: 6.614. Volume 7; Issue 7(G); July 2018; Page No.14330-14335.
6. Prevalence of Human cataract in the three coastal districts of southern Kerala Dr. Aleyamma kuruvilla*© 2018 www.jetir.org (ISSN-2349-5162) JETIR1809224 Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR). September 2018, Volume 5, Issue 9 .Impact Factor: 5.87
7. Background causes of Human cataract Journalof Applied Research (IJAR), 2249-555x Impact factor of 5.397(SJIF) & UGC Sr. No. 49333, July 2019
8. Food preference & feeding behaviour of Odoiporus longicollis (Banana pseudostem weevil) Ms. Feba Rachel Chacko and Dr. Aleyamma Kuruvilla Proceedings of the National seminar organized by Research Development Committee & IQAC of St. Thomas college, Ranni on 22, 23 rd Feb 2019.pg.88-100, ISBN No.9788193962923.
Dr. R. Aruna Devy
1. Editor for the Book “Research Methodology” published by Zoological Society of Kerala, November, 2018 with ISBN No. 9788193962909.
2. Editor for the Proceedings published for the papers presented in the National Seminar organized by Research Development Committee and IQAC of St. Thomas College, Ranni on 22 nd and 23 rd February, 2019 with ISBN No. 978819396292.
3. Analysis of different Physico chemical parameters and heavy metals of five different water bodies of flood affected areas at Mammukku, Ranni, Kerala Gauri Lakshmi and R. Aruna Devy Proceedings of the National seminar organized by Research Development Committee and IQAC of St. Thomas College, Ranni on 22 nd and 23 rd Feb, 2019.,101-107, ISBN No.9788193962923
4. Ecotoxicity of Heavy Metals (Cd And Pb) and its Decontamination by Earthworm Species. R. Aruna Devy. Sci. & Soc. 17(2) 113-122, 2019, ISSN 0973-0206.
5. Study of Heavy Metal contamination of Water bodies collected from flood affected area – Mammukku, Ranny, Pathanamthitta District, Kerala, India. R. Aruna Devy and Gauri Lakshmi API Proceedings of Iinternational Conference on Energy and Environment, 12 -14 December, 2019 T.K.M College of Arts and Science, Kollam, Kerala.
Dr. Sreejaya .R
1. Conservation of commercially important Whelk, Babylonia spirata (Linnaeus, 1758) (Neogastropoda : Buccinidae) through hatchery technology National seminar organized by Research Development Committee and IQAC of St. Thomas College, Ranni on 22 nd and 23 rd Feb, 2019.141-165, ISBN No. 9788193962923
DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY
1. Dr.Mathew Kuruvilla, Anupama R. Prasad · K. M. Shainy · Abraham Joseph (2019). Protection of Metallic Copper from the Attack of Sulphuric Acid Using HDMMA, a Schiff Base Derived from l-Cysteine and 2-Hydroxy-1-Naphthaldehyde, Journal of Bio- and Tribo- Corrosion
2. Bincy Fransis,Sabu Thomas,Anilkumar SBOOK-Transport Properties of Polymeric Membranes/Chapter-Gas transport through Polymer Membranes.ISBN 978-0-12-809884-4
3. Rintu Mathew, Bejoy Francis (2019) A Review on Tribology of Epoxy- MMT nanocomposites,ISBN, 978-81-930558-4-7, 58-62 Bincy Fransis,Anilkumar (2019) Graphene based polymer nanocomposite membranes for pervoporation, ISBN
4. Mathew Kuruvilla,PK Jaseela,Chinju Jacob,Abraham Joseph.(2020) Excellent Protection of mild steel in sodium chloridesolution for a substantial period of time using a hybrid nanocoating of polyvinyl alcohol and Titania,Arabian Journal of chemistry
5. Mathew Kuruvilla Jeeja Rani AT, a Asha Thomas,a,b Muhammed Arshada and Abraham Joseph (2022)The co-adsorption of thymohydroquinone dimethyl ether (THQ) and coumarin present in the aqueous extract of Ayapana triplinervis on mildsteel and its protection in hydrochloric acid up to 323 K: computational and physicochemical studies, RSC advances ,14328–14341
5. SEMINARS / CONFERENCES / WORKSHOP Conducted and attended
NATIONAL SEMINARS CONDUCTED
1. UGC sponsored National seminar on “Biodiversity – it’s conservation for sustainable development” organized by Department of Botany and Zoology on 27 th and 28 th March, 2012.
2. DoECC sponsored National seminar on “Sustainable development through Biodiversity conservation” organized by Research Development Committee and IQAC of St. Thomas College, Ranni on 22 nd and 23 rd February, 2019.
3. National Seminar on Advanced Materials For Energy (NSAME-2019) - Department of Physics 28 th and 29 th November,2019
4. Two day national seminar on X-ray Astronomy - Department of Physics - 1 st and 2 nd February, 2020.