SANITATION MISSION COMMITTEE
The institution has an effective system in place for waste management. The institution follows the 3R policy of Reduce, Recycle and Reuse in managing the waste generated in the campus
Solid Waste Management
- For plastic and paper waste management the institution has signed an agreement with District Suchithwa Mission. A four-compartment waste disposal unit- “collectors at School”- donated by the Mission is installed in the college. The plastic and paper waste thus collected is shifted to non-hazardous waste disposal units run by the Pazhavangadi Panchayath.
- A part of the paper waste is collected by external agency for recycling Green protocol followed in the campus enforces minimal use of plastic.
- Food waste is deposited in the pipe compost units.
- The vermicompost units are used for the disposal of all sorts of biodegradable wastes from garden, kitchen, canteen etc:-
- Biogas plant is used for the disposal, recycling and reuse of the kitchen waste and food waste in the hostel
Liquid Waste Management
- The institution has proper drainage system to manage the liquid waste from laboratories and wash rooms.
- The three rainwater harvesting units operational in the campus are used for collecting and preserving rainwater for use in washrooms and gardens
- Periodic maintenance of the electronic equipments is done to ensure minimal generation of e waste.